How to setup DMA on my CD-RW? (really documentation)

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Wed Oct 8 01:44:05 UTC 2003

Edward C. Bailey wrote:

> HoytDuff> Fedora has a chance to really shine by leading the way in this
> HoytDuff> aspect of documentation.  -- Hoyt
>
> I (and the rest of the Red Hat Docs group, I'm sure) would love to see that
> happen, but realize that the proportion of the group's time available for
> Fedora work is very small (given that our bread'n'butter -- the manuals --
> did not become part of the project).  Therefore, it's going to take some
> heavy lifting on the part of the community to make meaningful strides in
> the area of documentation...
>
>                             Ed

With all of the different programs and groups. I doubt that a completely
uniform system for documentation can come about easily. When I do
documentation for work projects, there is differences with the
formatting from legacy and newer methods for saving documentation.

For finding the particular documentation, a search engine of some type
has worked for our operation. I think that a search engine that brings
up the basic intro for a program or process would be a handy feature.
This would allow a uniform starting point. Then the differences with the
  formats can be addressed through links that will launch a program that
will read the documentations.

I use html for the info page and depend upon the associated application
to launch from the browser. This works great for viewing drawings, pdf
and various formatted document variations.

I think that programmers would rather concentrate on developing the
working code. Not on making usable and easy to follow documentation.

Of course complaining about the documentation does nothing to improve
it. Most things work, so my use of the documentation is lower than when
first starting out.

Jim

--
You will receive a legacy which will place you above want.