3com 905 ethernet card problems

Mark Guzzo marguz at ameritech.net
Wed Oct 8 18:15:12 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 10:51, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 05:44:15PM +0200, Pavel Rosenboim wrote:
> >
> > I'm using 3com 905 (boomerang) ethernet card. In fedora it is completely
> > non-functional. Sometimes I see messages about transmit errors on the
> > console. This card works fine with 2.6.0-test6 kernel, but not with any
> > of Fedora kernels. Anyone see the same behavior?

I too keep getting this problem when ever I update to the next Fedora
Kernel (using 2.4.22-1.2087.nptl now). I fist freaked, thinking
something was wrong with my card. So I rebooted with Knoppix and my NIC
was fine. I then shutdown from Knoppix and came up in Fedora Beta 2 and
now my NIC works. I have to do that every time I update the kernel (From
Fedora).

Just my experience.

Mark