up2date (4.0.1-2) still being obstinate...

Adrian Likins alikins at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 22:29:51 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 11:51:45AM -0400, Elton Woo wrote:
> >From RHN Beta ... here we go again:
>
> Test install failed because of package conflicts:
> file /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gnome/__init__.pyc from install
> of gnome-python2-2.0.0-2
> conflicts with file from package gnome-python2-canvas-2.0.0-1
> file /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gnome/__init__.pyo from install
> of gnome-python2-2.0.0-2
> conflicts with file from package gnome-python2-canvas-2.0.0-1
>
> WHY won't up2date install the newer package? Shouldn't
> 2.0.0-2 be newer than 2.0.0-1?

	I think you may have stumbled across what
is beginging to look like a hard to reproduce
rpm bug.  jbj is cc'ed.

	He might be able to provide more info,
but if you could grab a copy of that rpm db and
set it aside for the moment, that might be useful.
If it's like the other cases, at some point, it
will start working again. Yeah, I know, that
sounds weird, but thats the MO I've seen so
far (weird bogus conflicts start happening
and then at some point, stop happening
with no as of yet discernable triggers as
to the cause).

	Maybe jbj can help more...

Adrian