Metacity-2.6.2 and gtk_window_fullscreen()

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at freemail.hu
Thu Oct 9 13:01:22 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am running an almost uptodate fedora/rawhide system.
I develop an in-house program using Glade2 and I use
gtk_window_fullscreen() to cover the desktop from the user.
The code I use is something like this:

mainwin = create_mainwin();
gtk_window_fullscreen(GTK_WINDOW(mainwin));
gtk_widget_show(mainwin);

dialog = create_startdialog();
gtk_window_set_transient_for(GTK_WINDOW(dialog), GTK_WINDOW(mainwin));
gtk_widget_show (dialog);

In RH9 (using sawfish) the mainwin is switched to fullscreen
and the dialog (a login window) appears above it, so it is visible.

In Fedora (using metacity) the mainwin is switched to fullscreen
but the dialog is not visible, but as it is modal, it grabs the focus.
Highly annoying. Is there a usable setup program for metacity
to change that behaviour or is it a bug in metacity?
OR how can I change the window manager in GNOME-2.4?

--
Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

What did Hussein say about his knife?