updates via apt

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at lopht.net
Thu Oct 9 14:31:05 UTC 2003

Panu Matilainen wrote:
> Quoting Pau Aliagas <linuxnow at newtral.org>:
>

>>On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Justin Georgeson wrote:
>>

>>>I have it now, it's pulling 133 packages down.
>>>The key was taking os and updates out of the download.fedora.us lines
>>
>>I've removed them and updates are available now. No way with them on.
>

> My guess is you're using apt from fedora.us which has Default-Release set by
> default, meaning that in order to install / get updates from other than
> fedora.us repositories you need to use -t <something> to override Default-Release.

I am. I eventually gave up. After downloading all the packages,
mozilla-nspr had a bad MD5sum and 27 other packages had no signatures,
so it wouldn't install them. I should have all the necessary keys
installed. An rpm -qi `rpm -qa gpg-pubkey*` showed I have RH's beta,
rawhide, and regular keys, fedora's key, Matthias's key, and the livna
key. I just installed up2date and grabbed it all that way.