Why a beta3 so soon?

John Alexander Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Thu Oct 9 20:45:07 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 05:20:00PM -0300, Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:

> Is this really necessary to release a beta3 of Fedore, just a few weeks
> after the beta2?
> What's new on this beta that justify an entire new set of CD's?

Three weeks of updates.  There are a lot of people who don't have big fat
network connections on all their machines, and for whom a CD install is
easier.  It's worth it to have test releases every three weeks or so for
those people, so that they can join in the bug testing process.

As we get closer to a general release, things move more towards bug squashing
rather than lots of new things.  Though Openoffice.org 1.1 is big.

John Thacker