What are consequences of "merger necessitates removal of ...

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 14:22:45 UTC 2003

> Perhaps I missed something. RHEL and FC will contain only GPL and GPL
> compatible code? Limitations on commercial reuse of the code should be

RHEL sometimes includes some additional non free 3rd party software
customers require (notably Java) bundled with them. Fedora itself is
free software (not neccesarily GPL). Third parties selling mp3 stuff or
shipping free mp3 stuff to countries where it doesn't hit patent issues
are simply outside Fedora itself, just like any other third party suppied
software