Red Hat Professional Workstation

MJang michael at ywow.org
Fri Oct 10 14:47:28 UTC 2003

Folks,

OK, I remember the discussion of some SOHO Red Hat product coming soon, and I'm just reading the release discussion on Red Hat
Professional Workstation - http://www.redhat.com/software/workstation/

The links from this page all go towards RHEL info, which suggests that it's an offshoot of RHEL WS.

According to Linux Central - it's to ship Nov 10, 2003 - and is "version 10".

That suggests it's an offshoot of Fedora.

Has there been a beta of Red Hat Professional Workstation? Is it more closely related to Fedora or RHEL? Is it the "affordable"
version of RHEL that we've all been waiting for on the Taroon list?

Thanks,
Mike Jang