XFree86 available via yum

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sun Oct 12 22:56:55 UTC 2003

Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:

>>>Downloaded via http using mozilla, and installed.
>>

>>Interesting, because it isn't available for download via http.
>>;o)
>

> One thing that I never understood is the difference between
> ftp://people.redhat.com and http://people.redhat.com

When I setup a server awhile ago, there was a different location for my
http and ftp files. I imagine that they are setup to point to different
locations, depending on protocol used. The ftp server pointed to one
directory and httpd took you to the other location.

I'm just guessing.

Jim

--
The shortest distance between any two puns is a straight line.