HP PSC printers

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Mon Oct 13 12:08:46 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 23:45, Steve Ward wrote:
> Chris Williams wrote:
>On restarting the computer, we had to turn the printer off because the
> >usb drivers first failed to load properly and eventually the kernel
> >oopsed. Rebooting with the printer off let us recover the system and try
> >again. It was pretty messy.
>
> >Like I said, it works just fin with the hpijs drivers on the same USB
> >port.
>

> Is this by any chance an SMP machine?
>
> There were issues with printer.o on SMP boxen.  The workaround was to use libusb and actually delete the printer.o out of /lib/modules.  This was some time ago, maybe it's been fixed?

Come to think of it, it is running the SMP kernel. It's a new P4 with
hyperthreading support. I got the latest rawhide drivers yesterday
afternoon to see if that might help as well. Will hopefully get back to
my dad's place tonight or tomorrow to try them out.
Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,