Severn3 / Fedora Core2 ?

Sean Earp smearp at mac.com
Mon Oct 13 21:19:05 UTC 2003

On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 10:15 AM, Elton Woo wrote:

>> http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/severn3-binary-iso.torrent
>>
>> ...so start btdownloading and help d/l them :)
> Could you kindly post the md5sums? Either I downloaded
> the *wrong* md5sums file, or my downloads are all
> corrupted!

Just noticed the following on the BitTorrent FAQ site:

----------

How do I know the download isn't corrupted?

BitTorrent does cryptographic hashing (SHA1) of all data. When you see
"Download succeeded!" you can be sure that BitTorrent has already
verified the integrity of the data. The integrity and authenticity of a
BitTorrent download is as good as the original request to the tracker.
Checking the MD5/CRC32/other hash of a file downloaded via BitTorrent
is redundant.

Assuming you downloaded it from BitTorrent, then the above applies.  If
not, then hopefully someone else can help you out with the md5sums
(BitTorrent says I have 26 hours left on my download...)

-Sean :)