Update or new ISOs ?

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Tue Oct 14 02:11:20 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 18:08, Botoaca Andrei wrote:
> If i keep updating from rawhide will it be any different as if I would
> download the new ISOs and install them ? (I don't really want to waste other
> 3 CDs for this ... )
> because I saw that after last weeks updates I already have 9.0.95 as PC name
> (so I guess all updates I do lead exactly to the new ISOs), am I right !?
>
> Thanks
> Me

You do not have to use CD's. You can put the iso files in a folder you
can access from the floppy boot disk. Create a boot floppy using rawrite
from CD1. I think the proper image for the floppy is called bootdisk.img
or something like that. Boot from the floppy and select Hard drive
install from teh install options. In Fedora I am sure this now gives a
graphical install. You do not have to extract the contents of the isos.
Pretty nice feature of Redhats install. For more info refer to the
redhat install guide. No need to waste CD's on Beta's.

Just in case you didn't know.