Update or new ISOs ?

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Tue Oct 14 03:02:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 04:43, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> I prefer doing network installs because they are faster and I don't have
> to remember to put another CD in the drive. You can use bootnet.img or
> just burn CD #1, boot from that, and specify 'linux askmethod' at the
> boot: prompt.
>
> I want to try pxe-booting the Tom Diehl way...just as soon as this other
> machine of mine is ready...
>
> I burn CDs of the betas partly so that I have a rescue CD to use and
> partly so that I can show a really nice beta to friends and then press
> free CD sets on them. ("No time limitation, and the release version is
> free, too.") That has gotten one friend into Linux.
>
> Unfortunately, my main demo machine is my older Sony Vaio laptop, and
> the Fedora mouse driver has simply gone right down the sewer on that
> machine -- the mouse goes crazy with random movements -- and I'm afraid
> to show Fedora without a working mouse to my particular crowd.
>
> Bob

I saw the original poster did not seem to like to burn new cds so I
suggested a good alternative to use in that case. If he already has the
isos on the machine, i think it is a good method to use.

about the mouse, i think you have to try run redhat-config-mouse if you
can, or edit XF86config directly if you can. I haven't needed to do the
latter so I don't eactly kow how that works - started Linux a little too
late to have to configure my mouse.