FC1B2 -- seen hard freeze with xmms/nautilus?

nosp nosp at xades.com
Tue Oct 14 14:05:33 UTC 2003

Anyone seen hard lockups when previewing .wav files in nautilus or
opening them by right clicking on the file and choosing "Open
With...XMMS"?  By hard lockup I mean keyboard & display are frozen, box
is not pingable, magic sysrq keys don't work, have to reset the machine.

It's a bit hard to reproduce but has happened to me three times today
and at least four times in the last week.

Vital stats:
Fedora Core 1 Beta 2 + all updates
kernel-smp-2.4.22-1.2087.nptl
xmms-1.2.8-1.p
nautilus-2.4.0-5
Athlon 1600 MP x2
ASUS A7M266-D motherboard (onboard CMI8738 sound)

TIA