2 FCrc3 Gripes

Douglas Stewart dstewart at atl.lmco.com
Tue Oct 14 19:02:14 UTC 2003

See previous message for the reason for this forward

Jeremy Portzer wrote:
| On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 14:08, Douglas Stewart wrote:
|

|>Barry K. Nathan wrote:
|>|
|>|
|>| You're supposed to use yum instead of RHN for this test release, and
|>| up2date's default configuration does this.
|>|

|>Thanks for the heads up.
|>
|>Of note is the fact that the yum RPM on the fedora repo is broken.  It
|>still references redhat-release instead of fedora-release, so you get
|>the "Null" error when you run "yum check-update".
|>
|>I'd suggest placing the correct yum RPM out there.
|>

| The discussion is about the yum support in up2date. See the file
| /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources .
|
| You do not need the yum RPM installed to use up2date's yum support.
| Simply use the up2date client.
|
| --Jeremy

Also, $ARCH would seem to be a bad idea, as my up2date adamantly refuses
to find the nonexistant i686 tree.  It probably should point to i386, as
that's the only one in the official Fedora repo.

- --
Doug Stewart
Systems Administrator/Web Applications Developer
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Labs

- --