up2date problems

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Wed Oct 15 03:58:47 UTC 2003

James Drabb wrote:
> I was running FC 0.94 and just used apt to upgrade to 0.95 by updating
> the sources.list file.  Now when I try to run up2date I get this error:
>
> Invalid Architecture and OS release combination (0.95,
> i686-redhat-linux).
>
> So I uninstalled up2date and reinstalled to make sure it was the version
> from 0.95.  I re-ran rhn_register and I get the same error at the end.
>
> Are there any config files I need to change/update?
>
> Jim  Drabb.

When a clean install is implemented, you get the attached file. This
works pretty good on the cleanly installed system.

On my upgraded system. I ran up2date --config and added *release* to the
excluded packages menu. I am still using the 0.94 release version. When
this channel disapears, up2date will stop working also.

I plan one collecting all of the repositories into the attached version,
then change the sources file. It sounds like adding a repository config
file that can be referenced might make keeping repositories and evolving
versions easier to manage. for now, text editors and cut/pasting.

my up2date version is up2date-4.1.5-1
on the upgraded machine.

NOTE: .clean is not part of the orginal file name.

Jim

--
A businessman is a hybrid of a dancer and a calculator.
		-- Paul Valery