Problems with the Add/Remove package tool

Stuart B panzercenturion at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 05:15:52 UTC 2003

Hi All:

I can't seem to get the add/remove package tool to work at all. Every time I
try adding a new package it simply informs me to insert cd1 or cd2 or
whatever which I then do... and then it reads the cd... and goes back to
prompting me to insert the cd again. In short I can't install anything via
the redhat package tool.

This is what I'm running:

    * AMD Baston 2500+ *ASUS A7N8X* 512MB Samsung PC3200
    * Gainward Geforce 3 Ti200 * Antec 800 Case w/ 430w True Power * Maxtor
60GB D740X-6L
    * Pioneer 16x DVD Slot Load * Lite-on 40x12x48x Burner * Thermalright
AX7 w/ Sunon 43cfm
    * Sound Storm* ACS56 Surround Sound * Viewsonic G90FB Monitor

Are there any workarounds this bug yet? I tried using bugzilla but it drove
me half mad trying to make a bug report.