Services

Mattias Dahlberg p00mda at du.se
Wed Oct 15 11:16:58 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Saving 0.02 seconds during boot time isn't worth the effort for
> isdn at least.

Ok.

> How exactly?  I'm not sure that makes any sense.  On a fresh OS
> installation, I expect to be able to ssh to that machine over the
> network, and to do so without editing any ssh config files.

You're right. But maybe it's an example of a service that could be off by
default and if you need it you simply use redhat-config-services and put a
checkmark in front of it.

But of course, if a service takes zero seconds to start, has no noticable
memory foot print and could never cause security problems it makes no sense
to remove it from the startup.

Regards,
Mattias