XFree86 available via yum

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 11:42:31 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Paul Nasrat wrote:

>Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:19:16 +0100
>From: Paul Nasrat <pauln at truemesh.com>
>To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
>Subject: Re: XFree86 available via yum
>
>On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 07:52:46AM -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>> I have made XFree86 available via yum on people.redhat.com.  This
>> is my first time setting up a yum repository, and I've never used
>
>> Please test the repository out, and feel free to provide feedback
>> both good and/or bad about it.
>
>up2date supports src.rpm retrieval for yum repositories, I guess not
>many people use it but it may be worth using yum-arch -s to generate the
>header file for src.rpms.

[mharris at people mharris]$ yum-arch -h
Directory of rpms must exist
Usage:
yum-arch [-v] [-z] [-l] [-c] [-n] [-d] (path of dir where
headers/ should/does live)
   -d  = check dependencies and conflicts in tree
   -v  = print debugging information
   -vv = even more verbose output
   -q  = make the display more quiet
   -n  = don't generate headers
   -c  = check pkgs with gpg and md5 checksums - cannot be used with -n
   -z  = gzip compress the headers [default, will be deprecated as an option]
   -l  = use symlinks as valid rpms when building headers

I guess using '-s' is not an option for me...