XFree86 available via yum

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 14:22:32 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:

>>>why is closed http index and ftp is opened?.... X files, sources are
>>>out there :-)
>>>

>>I don't understand your question, can you reword it?
>>

>he mean probably that with
>  http://people.redhat.com/
>    you get since a few months no indexes "Options Indexes"
>
>but with
>  ftp://people.redhat.com/
>    you can see all subdirectories
>

>no problem.
>
>s/ftp/http/g
>
>ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/
>ftp://people.redhat.com/alan/
>
>http://people.redhat.com/mharris/
>http://people.redhat.com/alan/

I truely have no idea what this has to do with me providing
XFree86 via FTP and yum via FTP.

Also, ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris and
http://people.redhat.com/mharris/ are completely different
protocols which will result in completely different files being
presented to the user.  You can't just interchange ftp:// and
http:// and expect it to work.

Perhaps I don't understand at all what you/he are trying to
ask/do/whatever.