XFree86 available via yum

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Wed Oct 15 14:39:22 UTC 2003

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
>>he mean probably that with
>> http://people.redhat.com/
>>   you get since a few months no indexes "Options Indexes"
>>but with
>> ftp://people.redhat.com/
>>   you can see all subdirectories

> I truely have no idea what this has to do with me providing
> XFree86 via FTP and yum via FTP.

I think they want http access to the ftp site. Some one mentioned better
download speed with http. It's probably a configuration/firewall issue
on their end though. But they want to use an http URL for yum since it's
faster for them currently.

I think the p.rh.c sould be setup with files available both ways. Some
people only have http access (Arjan for one), and I prefer FTP (like
you). I'll forget who as which setup, FTP to p.rh.c and see nothing,
only to find out later that it was there, but http only.