XFree86 available via yum

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Wed Oct 15 17:54:19 UTC 2003

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Thomas Dodd wrote:
>>I think the p.rh.c sould be setup with files available both
>>ways. Some people only have http access (Arjan for one), and I
>>prefer FTP (like you). I'll forget who as which setup, FTP to
>>p.rh.c and see nothing, only to find out later that it was
>>there, but http only.
>

> If it requires zero effort on my end, and no modifications to any
> of my bash scripts, I wouldn't mind.  If I have to hack/debug
> scripts to deal with changes, I'd change them once - to point to
> a server under my own control that I know wont change.  ;o)

Should be a matter of getting getting http_root to point to ftp_root.
It might also need some setting for virtual directory listing or similar.

Not sure how p.rh.com is setup, but you may just be able to point
.public_html to the root of your ftp tree. I haven't worked much with
anon-ftp setups.

Where are the apache and ftp gurus...

Doesn't matter as much now. If you guys start setting up yum
repositories, I just have to enter it in yum.conf and forget about
whether it's ftp or http :) If I need to know, I can check yum.conf anyway.

	-Thomas