Anaconda Installer: Use of swap space on a multi-drive, multiboot system

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Wed Oct 15 20:31:25 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 15:38, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> If the user specifies an allowable hard drive in a multi-drive machine,
> you should only use the allowed drive as the source of a swap partition.
> Speaking for myself, I don't want the installer to mess with my other
> drives unless I explicitly allow that.
>
> I have not yet been given a single good reason for the installer to
> format a swap partition on another drive, either.

Good luck.  I have been fighting this problem for years now with no progress.

On the other hand, letting it use all of the swap areas during the install and
then removing the extra ones post install is not that big a deal.  One of the
real problems is that it will a partition which has been previously used as a
swap area regardless of what partition type it now has.
--
Gene