XFree86 available via yum

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Wed Oct 15 22:50:53 UTC 2003

Mike A. Harris wrote:

>>>I don't understand your question, can you reword it?
>>>

>>he mean probably that with
>> http://people.redhat.com/
>>   you get since a few months no indexes "Options Indexes"
>>
>>but with
>> ftp://people.redhat.com/
>>   you can see all subdirectories

will say  "usernames"

>>no problem.
>>
>>s/ftp/http/g
>>
>>ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/
>>ftp://people.redhat.com/alan/
>>
>>http://people.redhat.com/mharris/
>>http://people.redhat.com/alan/
>>

>I truely have no idea what this has to do with me providing
>XFree86 via FTP and yum via FTP.

absolutely nothing because the_whole_world_knows_that_mike-a-harris_
prefers_ftp_
and you_can_find_his_stuff_under_ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris_

>Also, ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris and
>http://people.redhat.com/mharris/ are completely different
>protocols which will result in completely different files being
>presented to the user.  You can't just interchange ftp:// and
>http:// and expect it to work.

i know, thanks :-(

because your http-directory is your username
http://people.redhat.com/~mharris/

>Perhaps I don't understand at all what you/he are trying to
>ask/do/whatever.

forget it and think about
"how can somebody find the stuff for what he is looking at
protocol://people.redhat.com/~$USER"

eg.
do you know harald hoyer ?
how can i find his stuff ?