Performance testing (pass 1)

Paul Morgan paul.morgan at jumanjihouse.com
Wed Oct 15 23:48:53 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 19:42, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 11:44:43AM -0500, stephan schutter wrote:
> > really? I did not know this... The install is not fresh, but I have not
> > left it on over night...
>
> As root, you can run /etc/cron.daily/prelink and your system will
> be prelinked.

Quite surprisingly, gnome-panel was crashing upon login this morning on
my fully-updated-left-on-overnight-but-rebooted-to-go-to-the-office
laptop. During troubleshooting, `rpm -V libwnck` and `rpm -V
gnome-panel` reported that one or more dependencies had changed since
the most recent pre-linking, so I ran /etc/cron.daily/prelink to no
improvement. I then ran prelink -all, which promptly corrected the
behavior. Anybody else?