Performance testing (pass 1)

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 16 01:51:48 UTC 2003

On October 15, 2003 07:48 pm, Paul Morgan , <Paul Morgan
<paul.morgan at jumanjihouse.com>> wrote:
> Quite surprisingly, gnome-panel was crashing upon login this morning on
> my fully-updated-left-on-overnight-but-rebooted-to-go-to-the-office
> laptop. During troubleshooting, `rpm -V libwnck` and `rpm -V
> gnome-panel` reported that one or more dependencies had changed since
> the most recent pre-linking, so I ran /etc/cron.daily/prelink to no
> improvement. I then ran prelink -all, which promptly corrected the
> behavior. Anybody else?

I was installing some packages, and had logged out from Gnome.
Logged into KDE, and thereafter back into Gnome. At that time (several
hours ago) the Gnome panel crashed (missing almost all icons). As I
had to go out, I shut down the machine, and lo and behold! ... on my
return I booted into Gnome with the previous panel (including some
applets I had added).

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.