up2date -p with yum

Jason monty19 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 03:04:24 UTC 2003

What is the equivelant of up2date -p when using in conjunction with yum.  It
spits out a message something about not having an online profile when using
yum (sorry im not in front of the system, I can get it if necessary)

Long story short when I run up2date it keeps trying to download packages
because it believes I have outdated versions installed and then fails to
install them because I already have current versions installed.  up2date -p
doesn't fix it (for the obvious reason mentioned about), but wondering what
the equivelant action is.

Thank you,
Jason