apt vs yum

Mark Derricutt mark at talios.com
Thu Oct 16 08:14:20 UTC 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:06:07 +0300, Pekka Pietikainen wrote:

> yum is a lot easier to setup on the server end. Hhopefully this has been
> improved for apt lately, setting up the directory hierarchy for it was not
> trivial last time I tried it.

Speaking of yum server setups, anyone know of any HOWTO guides on setting
up a yum repository?   I've got a few rpms I'm building and was thinking
of apt-ifying, but wouldn't mind checking out yum...

--
"It's all in the heat of the moment, it's all in the pain..." Devy.
Mark Derricutt @ mark at talios.com @ talios.blog-city.com