Speakup in kernel

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 17 12:07:13 UTC 2003

On Oct 16, 2003 at 23:20, William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 in a...:

>On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Will Backman wrote:
>
>> Speakup was in the shipping kernel for a bit (was it Redhat 8?), then out
>> due to some issues.
>> Any word on if those issues have been worked out?
>The two problems that the RH folks, Matt Wilson in particular, mentioned
>have been fixed.  The problem with non-English keyboards, and
>modularization.  Only $DEITY knows if RH will ever put it back into the
>kernel.  Kernels for all supported versions of RHL/Fedora can be found at
>ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/disks/redhat/.  Complete Speakup enabled ISO
>images for 8.0 and 9 can also be found there.  When FC-1 is released, I'll
>build them also.  BTW, the ISO's for 9 are fully up to date.  The latest
>version can have its modules manually included in an initrd.img file so it
>starts upon boot.
Minor correction of url for us lazy folk:

ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/disks/redhat/

HTH.

QOTD:
	I've heard about civil Engineers, but I've never met one.
 08:06:18  up 53 days, 19:40,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00