Install problem

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Fri Oct 17 14:32:36 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 10:17, Bryan Halter wrote:
> When I try to upgrade my Test2 system to Test3 I get a whole mess of
> Python errors.  I've tried this in both graphical and text modes.  The
> errors seem to appear when anaconda's getting the list of packages to
> upgrade.

I'm not sure upgrading from testX to testY is ever supported. I think
you can reasonably try upgrading from a real version (e.g. 8.0, 9) to
testY. I think I remember seeing this float by on this list a few weeks
ago, so apologies if I'm off-base.

Rather than upgrading from test2 to test3, you should be able to use
up2date with the rawhide yum repository to bring your system up to the
same (or later) specs.
--
Paul W. Frields <paul at frields.com>