Network card problem

Trevor Ramoutar ramoutar at rogers.com
Fri Oct 17 22:11:17 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I just install Fedora Test 3 and have encountered my first problem.

Fedora detected my Ethernet card as a "3c900 10BaseT[Boomerang]" card.
I also made sure that it was obtaining IP stuff through DHCP.

So far so good, this has worked in every other distro I've tried.

Problem here is that on boot, my eth service doesn't start up.  If I
manually enter in my network info (IP address, subnet, etc.), then the
service starts on boot, but I still can't connect to the Net.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.