matrox usb drive unusable with usb 1.1

Stephen Moore stephen at skmoore.com
Sat Oct 18 01:36:19 UTC 2003

I have a matrox 80 gig usb drive that is not usable with FC ( or any
previous redhat release). The drive "works", that is it is mountable and
you can copy files to and from it.  It works reasonably well with usb2.

But with usb 1.1

As soon as you try to copy large files to it, the computer just goes
awol. it starts copying then the mouse gets jerky and eventually
disappears. I tried it again this morning and eventually pressed the
power button. I believe it was still copying the file (and I don't
really care if it takes a long time), but the computer was not usable
(no mouse)

The computer was not frozen, as it used the apci shutdown button and it
shut down gracefully (eventually)

--
ô¿ó