Installing missing "Select individual packages" option

Justin Miller tehmiller at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 18 14:59:06 UTC 2003

Well, thus far I'm loving FC test 3, as someone stated its striking, and
I have to agree. The look of it all is great, and its good to have
fairly up to date packages and releases, (although an updated gstreamer
would be nice, hint hint). Having said that, I do have some thoughts.

1st, during the RH9 install, you had an option to "select individual
packages". This feature was a god send for people like me, who have done
it enough that we know exactly what we want. I was aghast to find it
missing in the Fedora install. WHERE HAS IT GONE!?

2nd, when I was first installing some of the Fedora packages, they had
an amazing Gnome control center, but I can't get that control center to
come up anymore. All I get now is nautilus with the "preferences:///"
vfs uri, not a seperate app. Anyone know a good fix for this? And along
those same lines, my "start-here:///" vfs uri is empty.

All these are from a fresh install of Fedora Core test3, not an upgrade.
Viva la Fedora!