Supporting NTFS in the kernel

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Sun Oct 19 21:44:56 UTC 2003

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 02:54:25PM +0100, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 02:55:21PM +0200, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
>  > I would like it very much if the standard kernel would include the read
>  > driver for NTFS
>
> Won't happen due to potential patent problems.

To clarify: Or until/unless it's demonstrated that there isn't a
patent problem...  Like many things in patent land, there is
probably room for different interpretations and opinions, and it
is possible that this might be clarified at some point.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/