Up2date hangs at Testing Package Set

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Mon Oct 20 03:23:57 UTC 2003

Paul wrote:
> I was updating from beta 2 to 3 via up2date.  I grabbed the new kernel but
> started having problems with "Testing Package Set / Solving RPM
> Inter-dependencies".  If I selected more than 8 or 10 packages it would just
> hang up and the status bar never even started.  So I grabbed the update for
> up2date.  Things started to get even worse.  Now the inter-dependency check
> hangs even if I select one package ( I did wait 3-1/2 hours for it to do its
> thing).
>
> OK, now I'm a bit new to this so please if you can, give detailed
> suggestions.  Like don't tell me to reload the old up2date because I've
> always used up2date to do my updates.  Where would I get that package etc.?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Has the integrated yum in up2date been upgraded to Dukes version of yum?
  I think that I got this lockup when trying to download some files from
a repository. Nils repository seemed to take an extremely long time to
resolve dependencies. I use up2date and yum repositories more than
running yum by itself.

Jim