can make the red hat icon replaceable ?

Jim Hayward jimhayward at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 20 05:17:06 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 03:09, Hirano Kazunari wrote:
> Let me say something about the red hat icon, leftmost icon on the panel.
> Is it possible to make it replaceable? Sometimes I want to see another
> icon for it.

You can change it now. I use the GNOME footprint on my menu. You can
either change it using the gconf editor or change it from the command
line.

These will wrap. They are each on one line. You have to restart the
GNOME panel or logout/login for the changes to take effect. This is
assuming this icon is on your system.

gconftool-2 --set
/apps/panel/profiles/default/objects/main_menu/custom-icon -t bool true

gconftool-2 --type string --set
/apps/panel/profiles/default/objects/main_menu/custom-icon-file
/usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-logo-icon-transparent.png

> If we can see its properties menu when right-clicking it
> and change the icon, it will be fine for me.

You should file this as an RFE upstream at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ if
you want to be able to change it via the panel properties.

Regards,
	Jim H