Kudzu * detect

Mon Oct 20 15:53:04 UTC 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Sean Craig wrote:

> Why (technically) will the probe 'not work'?
>
> Does the probe fail / hang, or it it something more device-handler-related?

More to my curiosity, I have seen the following things happen with Kudzu:
On redhat 9:
An external motorola serial modem... sometimes kudzu will say it has been
removed... this could be the modem is in an odd state or something...

3COM ethernet cards.. sometimes when I reboot.. it says the card has been
removed.  It also immediately after that says the card has been added.  My
guess is something it looks at about the card has changed in some
miniscule way, so it thinks it is actually a different card.

In severn:
Sometimes it says my mouse has been removed, but it still works.

If I use two USB keyboards, they both work, but sometimes I get the
message that one has been removed.  (I have a gyration wireless keyboard,
but it has been acting up, so I have an apple pro keyboard plugged intot
he same machine).

 -- noah silva