vote for Lilo

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Mon Oct 20 19:19:37 UTC 2003

Owen Taylor wrote:
> The reasonable thing to do here is to fix Grub. If we just include Lilo
> support, how would we present it to the user?

How do we get grub fixed? I reported this as a problem with the first
Red Hat release that included grub. It's still not fixed to my
knowledge. Florin just said it doesn't work one sme even newer boards
than mine.

>  [x] GRUB works on my system
>
> This is not a sensible choice to present to the user.

I'd use Grub as the default. Inform the the user it may not work and to
use some option at install time if it doesn't. The a boot option to the
installer to use lilo instead. Kickstart/anaconda already support
picking lilo right?

Should be in the RELEASE-NOTES too.

	-Thomas