rsync glitch?

Tue Oct 21 03:23:53 UTC 2003

This is actually looking like an rsync problem, not a fedora specific
problem, but just so everyone is aware:

I seem to be having a problem accessing rsync (which uses SSH) from a
fc1t3 box.  Note that I can get into the server from other (debian)
boxes [on an external ip] just fine.  I can also SSH into it from the
fc1t3 machine ok.

The server is RH8, dual NIC (one is external, one is internal).

It seems that somehow even though SSH works on both the external and
internal interfaces, and Rsync uses SSH, that Rsync doesn't work on the
internal address.  Of course this -could- be some other strangeness
unique to my environment, but it isn't looking that way.

(I say this because rsync quasar.internal.lan:~/ FROM
quasar.internal.lan also doesn't work.)

>bash-2.05b$ rsync nsilva at quasar.internal.lan:~/
>quasar.internal.lan: Connection refused
>rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
>rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(165)

It seems unlikely that the connection could really be refused, since the
ssh daemon is supposed to handle that, and ssh is working fine. (and
there is no firewall problems here).

--
Thanks,
    Noah Silva