Fedora Core test3 on Latitude D800 [report]

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Tue Oct 21 04:02:47 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 18:40, Lauri Jutila wrote:
> > > Kernel actually gives an OOPS on shutdown when it tries to "unload" the
> > > floppy module which hasn't ever been successfully probed - shutdown
> > > finishes cleanly though.
> >
> > Can you post the oops in bugzilla?
>
> Do you have any idea how to grab that message into file or simulate the
> shutdown process in a way that I can execute only the step that gives me
> the oops?
>
> Shutdown completes otherwise cleanly and I wouldn't want to do 25
> reboots just to get that message, since the machine boots 2 seconds
> after the oops. Writing it down would be a challenge. ;)

Judging by where you're reporting seeing the oops, you can probably
still freeze the screen with Ctrl+S, and then use Shift+PgUp and
Shift+PgDown to maneuver around. And yes, these are a major PITA to copy
down by hand. But I did one just the other day (only to find out an hour
later that the fix was already in the new 2.4.22-1.2097.nptl kernel)...
won't take you more than 10-15 minutes. If you have a second machine,
maybe typing it is easier than writing by hand. (BTW, Ctrl+Q will
"unfreeze" the console.)
--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE