gthumb caused repeated crashes with nautilus

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 17:28:05 UTC 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Elton Woo wrote:

>Has anyone else noticed this?
>If so, has this been sent to bugzilla?
>
>I open a folder with some jpg images and maximize the folder.
>View about 4 or 5 images with the internal viewer, and then
>switch directories.
>Nautilus crashes with a seg fault. Then comes back up.
>Repeatable and consistent.
>
>versions:
>nautilus-2.4.0-5
>gthumb-2.0.2-1
>XFree86-4.3.0-40
>
>This is on an Athlon with the nVidia drivers installed.
>Display is 1024 x 768 x 24-bit.

If nautilus itself is crashing, then it would be a nautilus bug
or a bug in one of the libraries, etc. that nautilus uses most
likely.

The XFree86 X server, and your video driver (although unsupported
of course) should be totally unrelated to the problem IMHO.  You
could confirm that by switching drivers if you like, but I doubt
the problem will change.

Hope this helps.