Fedora Core 0.95 and /boot partition went bad.

Ivo Sarak ivo at ra.vendomar.ee
Tue Oct 21 23:02:20 UTC 2003

	Hello,

	I am trying to get my system online again after /boot partition
decided to go and corrupt itself.
I do not understand what went wrong but ext3 type /boot (/dev/hda1)
partition showed only carbage as a files/directories and fsck.ext3 did
nothing to fix it. So I ran "mkfs.ext3 /dev/hda1" and tried system update
from Fedora Core 0.95 CDs. Only little problem is that it will not update
the  kernel/grub configuration because it thinks that it is already
installed and even making of boot floppy will fail because there is no files inside
/boot directory.

Are there any ideas how to force the update to install some specific
packages (kernel and grub)?

	Regards,
Ivo Sarak.