Games doesent work in Fedora test 3

Randy Eckenrode eckenrode.8 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 22 12:39:04 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 06:01, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> It's running for me on current rawhide, only it seems to switch te
> monitor to some interlaced video mode which gives me a headache. (can't
> seem to get that mode to show up using xrandr...)
The same happened to me, so I just ran it in a window. There is a
benefit to running SMAC in a window, it keeps the clock visible. ;-)

I did try specifying a modeline in XF86Config for 85 Hz, but the game
just switched to 55 Hz instead.

> Quake3 (last version from id ftp) just segfaults with a floating point
> exception...
Quake 3 worked for me, but the framerate was fairly awful (~30% of what
I got in Windows IIRC). The DRI drivers that ship with XFree86 4.3 are
pretty old, so I would imagine things will improve some when XFree86 4.4
is released.

--Randy Eckenrode