Games doesent work in Fedora test 3

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Wed Oct 22 13:34:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 02:58, Lauri Jutila wrote:

> As there has been some discussion about Fedora's ability to support
> games, I'll test the following games later today: Quake3, Sid Meier's
> Alpha Centauri, Railroad Tycoon II, Enemy Territory and America's Army.
> Report on progress will follow.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Quake 3, Rune, Unreal Tournament,
TuxRacer, and Chromium all work fine on my Radeon 9100 AGP and the
current rawhide.  The speed is great, too.

I dumped my closed NVidia card in favor of the open and supported Radeon
and have not regretted it.  It took the Radeon driver guys a while
(years) to get it right, but it seems that they have.  It's fast,
stable, and Free.