Up2date + Arjan 2.6 kernel problem

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Wed Oct 22 14:10:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 22:02, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 21:13, alton bailey wrote:
> > could you be more specifect about set up2date to use  arjanv's repo as a yum
> > repository.
> > because I am having the same problem when i tried to install 2.6 kernel
> > whith up2date
>
> Edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file and look for the below line...
>
> #apt arjan-2.6-kernel-i386 http://people.redhat.com ~arjanv/2.5/ kernel
>
> And replace it with below...
>
> yum Kernel-2.6 http://people.redhat.com/~arjanv/2.5/

Actually, I did that yesterday and it didn't work.  I kept getting
python junk in my terminal and up2date would just freeze.  So, I had to
do rpm -ivh...which led to other problems.

In that vein, does anyone out there have a howto yet of getting Arjan's
kernel to work seamlessly with Fedora 0.95?  I tried following as best I
could the steps on the thomer.com page, but rc.sysinit would still throw
up quite a few FAILED and "module not found"'s.  Now, the system still
worked, but not without kudzu going nuts and saying my mice and keyboard
weren't there.

Does anyone have a step-by-step HOWTO yet, or is USB + sysfs + Fedora
still not quite ready for primetime (I want the boot up to be all OK
with no extra lines)?

Matt
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good