.xinitrc and .xession not being read?

Joshua Legbandt jtlegbandt at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 22 14:35:03 UTC 2003

Since I've upgraded to the fedora core 1 test series from Red Hat 9
(originally to post severn rawhide) and started logging in through gdm,
I've noticed that my .xinitrc and my .xsession (one is a symbolic link
to the other) are not getting invoked. Specifically, I have the
following lines that are not being executed via my .xsession:

xset fp+ /home/finn/.xfonts
xset fp rehash

I've only noticed this now, not months ago, due to the fact that I am
now using xterm to connect to certain hosts that behave funny when I use
gnome-terminal. Had I never had to connect to the hosts, and hence use
xterm, I probably would never have noticed this. Anyone have any ideas
on why this is occurring?

-josh

--
Joshua Legbandt <jtlegbandt at earthlink.net>