Games doesent work in Fedora test 3

Bjorn Andersen ba at linuxin.dk
Wed Oct 22 14:42:18 UTC 2003

Lauri Jutila skrev:

>Savage's problem is that reports "Couldn't allocate AGP Memory: make
>sure you have agpgart driver in your kernel". I have tested with both
>NVIDIA's AGP driver and kernel's AGPGART module, but neither work (yet).
>I can enter the game and all is well except fps is terrible (around
>5-10).
>
>As there has been some discussion about Fedora's ability to support
>games, I'll test the following games later today: Quake3, Sid Meier's
>Alpha Centauri, Railroad Tycoon II, Enemy Territory and America's Army.
>Report on progress will follow.

In Americas Army i get:

[skunk at Mars skunk]$ armyops
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
CTRL-C before main loop ... forcing exit.
[skunk at Mars skunk]$

None of the games i tryed (Unreal Tournament 2003, Enemy Teritory and
Americas Army) was able to start. It has nothing to do with OpenGL from
Nvidia. Im not eaven able to choos OpenGL in the game, so it must still
use software rendering.

Regards,
Bjorn Andersen

--
Linux
Because making UNIX user friendly is easier then debugging Windows