PROFTPD

Ronny Buchmann ronny-vlug at vlugnet.org
Wed Oct 22 17:12:12 UTC 2003

Am Mittwoch, 22. Oktober 2003 18:03 schrieb Pekka Pietikainen:

> > > So why not use pureftpd?
> >
> > Because we haven't had problems with vsftpd, and it's had both
> > a good stability and performance record in our use. (i.e., if
> > it isn't broken, don't fix it...)
>
> So the question is, why pureftpd? :-)
 - ldap/*sql/custom authentication (without pam)!
 - extensive support for virtual users (per user quota/ratio/bandwidth/...)
 - extensive statistics
 - upload scripts
 - ssl/tls
 - i18n
 - nice configuration tools
 - security record similar to vsftpd ;)

> Only useful (to me) thing vsftpd doesn't do is SSL/TLS, and I can live
> without that, since it's such a beautifully engineered piece of software
> :-)

vsftpd is fine as a basic anonymous ftp server, but not for ISPs and the like

--
ronny