PROFTPD

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Oct 22 23:02:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Ronny Buchmann (ronny-vlug at vlugnet.org) said:
> > > No. We prefer the security history of vsftpd. :)
> >
> > So why not use pureftpd?
>
> Because we haven't had problems with vsftpd, and it's had both
> a good stability and performance record in our use. (i.e., if
> it isn't broken, don't fix it...)

One problem Bill, vsftpd is useless in a virtual situation where you have
multiple customers, one copy of the program and a config file for each
customer, with proftpd we do it with just 1 sole config file, not with
hundreds of them.

Though, we do run vsftpd on our anonymous ftpd cause it doesnt have to
do anything else :)

--
Regards,
Res