Speakup in kernel

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Oct 23 02:53:49 UTC 2003

> From: "Mike A. Harris" <mharris at redhat.com>
>

> That means that accessibility features are important to us, and
> that we will investigate various accesibility features/software
> out there for technical review for potential inclusion into the
> distribution.  Like _ALL_ software that we review for possible
> inclusion into the distribution however, we have high standards,
> and if any software does not meet our standards, it may very well
> be rejected on technical grounds.

Glad to hear it. Would you please give me a hand with a Bugzilla filing?
As you probably know, Bugzilla is very difficult to use with AT.

The issue is firstboot. The problem is that you can't Ctrl-Alt-F1 out of
it. That's an accessibility problem in that--well, I'm sure you'll
understand the why's and how's.

> People are free to invent conspiracy theories however if that is
> what they wish to do.
>

> --
> Mike A. Harris     ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
> OS Systems Engineer - XFree86 maintainer - Red Hat
>

> --

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group